Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sour Cream

Since I don't have classes this semester until my semester in Chile starts (March 14), I have had absolutely nothing to do with my time. My on campus job didn't want me to come back for only a few weeks, so I spent the better half of 2 months watching movies, sleeping and basically being a bum, while my roommates started their semester. A few weeks ago my mom recommended me as a babysitter for anther Metro employee and now I am babysitting 3 little girls on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Emma is 4, Olivia 3, and Zhoey 6 months. They are absolutely adorable and cute and funny and perfect and today Emma said something that made me laugh, so this is that story.

Zhoey was off in her own little world bouncing away in her chair, and I was trying to get the girls to watch a movie with me but they decided they want to play 'waitress' instead. Basically, waitress is a really fun game where Emma and Olivia sit at a fake restaurant table and boss the waitress (me) around and make me get them pretend food, while I also serve their hungry imaginary friends, Jack and Jenny. So I came up to take their order and Emma decided to take charge for the whole group and order for everyone (totally an older sister thing to do, make Olivia think she is being nice when really she just wants her to do exactly as she says. She reminds me of my older sister Lauren). She orders herself a nice bowl of chicken noodle soup, piece of pizza, chicken nuggets and a diet coke to wash it all down. Jack and Jenny also both got bowls of chicken noodle soup and waters, then she looked at me like she was done, skipping out on Olivia's order. So I asked her what she was going to order for Olivia, and she said, "Oh... ummm she'll just take some sour cream".
I have no idea what made her think of sour cream, or why that would be a suitable lunch for Olivia, but a good waitress never questions her customers, so I diligently went back to the kitchen to pour bowls of soup and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment